Shrine Minor Basilica of Our Lady of Manaoag
Archdiocese of Lingayen-Dagupan
The Dominicans started the mission at Manaoag on 1605. Since then the Image of Our Lady of the Rosary of Manaoag was placed in the Dominican mission first from Baloquing (which is the present site of the cemetery) then to its present location. In 1610, Fr. Tomas Jimenez, O.P. took over the mission as the first resident priest. Since December 8, 1972, the Shrine of Our Lady of Manaoag has been under the care of the Filipino Dominicans.
April 21, 1926 was the first Canonical Coronation of Our Lady of Manaoag. The Silver Jubilee Celebration of the Canonical Coronation of Our Lady was held on May 4, 1951. The Coronation's Golden jubilee was celebrated on May 5, 1976. The Diamond Jubilee Celebration took place on May 2, 2001.
On February 17, 2015 with Archbishop Socrates Villegas, The Shrine of Our Lady of the Rosary of Manaoag was granted the status of Minor Basilica.
Priory of Or Lady of the Rosary, Manaoag, 2430 Pangasinan, Manaoag, Filippine