IMMACULATE CONCEPTION CATHEDRAL
DIOCESE OF PASIG
Pasig Cathedral or Immaculate Conception Cathedral is a Roman Catholic church located at Plaza Rizal in Malinao, Pasig in the Philippines. It is the cathedral or seat of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Pasig, belonging to the Vicariate of the Immaculate Conception. The cathedral figures prominently in the city seal of Pasig, being one of the oldest structures in the city.
It was established as a mission-parish by the Augustinian missionaries on July 2, 1573, coinciding with the foundation of the town of Pasig. Initially, the parish was consecrated to the Visitation of Our Lady, but in April 25, 1587, was changed to Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, the patroness of the Augustinian priests during that time.
The former Immaculate Conception Parish was administered by the CICM Fathers from 1910 to 1979, after which the Filipino clergy took over the pastoral leadership of the parish. Until 2003, the parish was a part of the Archdiocese of Manila. On August 21, 2003, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Pasig was inaugurated, with the elevation of the parish into the status of a cathedral.
PLAZA RIZAL, MALINAO, PASIG CITY, PASIG CITY, Filippine