EN

Doors of Mercy: Ireland

13
Dec
2015

13 December 2015 - 13 November 2016 (Termin in Kalender eintragen)

Belfast

For 200 years, St Patrick’s has provided for the spiritual and pastoral needs of the people of inner-city Belfast as well as city workers and visitors to the city. St Patrick’s first church was the second pre-emancipation Catholic Church built in the city of Belfast since the Reformation. The...
13
Dec
2015

13 December 2015 - 13 November 2016 (Termin in Kalender eintragen)

Mullingar

The Cathedral was designed to be basillican in form and renaissance in style. Its distinctive twin towers, surmounted by bronze crosses, rise to a height of about 55 metres. It was built with a seating capacity of 1,800. Building began in March 1933 and the foundation stone was laid on 6 August of...
13
Dec
2015

13 December 2015 - 13 November 2016 (Termin in Kalender eintragen)

Cobh

Saint Colman’s Cathedral, the cathedral church of the Diocese of Cloyne, is a large and elaborately detailed neo-Gothic building designed by architects E.W. Pugin, George Ashlin and Thomas Coleman. Construction of the cathedral began in 1868 and was finally completed in 1915. It is prominently...
13
Dec
2015

13 December 2015 - 13 November 2016 (Termin in Kalender eintragen)

Armagh

St Patrick founded his first stone Church in Ireland on the site now occupied by St Patrick’s Church of Ireland Cathedral, known as Sally Hill, in the year 445. The hill where the twin-spired Catholic Cathedral now stands is not without Patrician associations. The Book of Armagh, relates a...
13
Dec
2015

13 December 2015 - 13 November 2016 (Termin in Kalender eintragen)

Sligo

The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception dominates the Sligo skyline with its tower pointing to the heavens and the chimes from its bells pealing out over the city singing the glory of God. Opened on 26 July, 1874 by Cardinal Paul Cullen of Dublin, the Cathedral was consecrated on 1 July, 1897...
13
Dec
2015

13 December 2015 - 13 November 2016 (Termin in Kalender eintragen)

Limerick

There has been a church dedicated to St John at this site since the 12th century. The present Cathedral was opened for worship in 1861. The Chapter of the diocese was established in 1205