Shrine Our Lady of Perpetual Help R C Church
Archdiocese of Port of Spain
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT
THE SHRINE OF OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP
The church was established on October 25 1786 as the Parish of San Fernando. In 1970 the local Diocesan priests were appointed and continue to serve.
In 1975 after some minor renovations, Archbishop Pantin rededicated the church and changed the name to Our Lady of Perpetual Help.
There are two chapels attached to the church, Christ the King at Les Efforts and St. Andrew Kaggwa at Vistabella.
There are four Roman Catholic Schools attached to the parish two Primary Schools and two Secondary Schools. There are many catechetical programs and a young adult ministry.
Our Social outreach programs include the St. Vincent de Paul Society, the Breadline Ministry and the Danielle Gonsalves Scholarship Fund, Counseling Services and a mediation group Community Peace Makers.
Prayer Ministries includes the Lectio Divina, Christian Meditation and the Zion Ecclesial Community and Cluny Prayer Group.
There is a Stewardship Program which allows many parishioners to share their time, their talent and their treasure.
Liturgical Groups include Altar servers, Extra-ordinary ministers of the Eucharist – some of whom do sick visitations, Lectors and Choirs. There are also persons who visit the Hospitals and Prisons.
In the area of communications our parish has a website www.olphrc.org, and a weekly newsletter to keep parishioners informed of parish and Archdiocesan activities and developments
Harris Promenade, San Fernando, San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago