Cathedral of the Epiphany
Diocese of Sioux City
The church dates from the late part of the 19th century and was officially erected as the Cathedral of the Epiphany of the Diocese of Sioux City in 1902. The cathedral is a gothic revival building containing beautiful stained glass windows from the Meyer Studio in Germany depicting scenes from the Nativity and Epiphany, as well as other events in the life of Christ and images of the apostles. The Cathedral has relic of the true cross of Christ in cross in the sanctuary that is modeled on the Florentine Chimabue crucifx. The Cathedral celebrates Mass in the Extraordinary Form each Sunday as well as Masses in English, Spanish and Vietnamese. Confessions are also heard at two different times daily. The Cathedral also hosts all the major celebrations and liturgies of the Diocese of Sioux City.
1000 Douglas Street, Sioux City, United States of America